General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Slight hesitation at part throttle?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 08:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Slight hesitation at part throttle?

Just as it says. I sometimes get a slight hesitation when I slowiy give it throttle. Seems to be around 2800-3200 is where it happens. If I go real slow, or WOT all is totally fine. The plugs and wires are new and the TB and MAF look clean. I was thinking maybe a bad O2 sensor? Or is this life of a modded car LOL?

Thanks!
Old 08-07-2007, 05:32 PM
11 Second Club

Anyone?
Old 08-07-2007, 07:48 PM
Launching!

when was all your last regular repairs....plugs..fuel filter...??? do you have bigger injectors with the ls6 pump??? Start with the fuel filter...ifs its not doing it at wot then it should do anything major...maybe check your fuel pressure and timing....
Old 08-07-2007, 09:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by johnson7454
when was all your last regular repairs....plugs..fuel filter...??? do you have bigger injectors with the ls6 pump??? Start with the fuel filter...ifs its not doing it at wot then it should do anything major...maybe check your fuel pressure and timing....
Plugs, wires and fuel filter are all only a few months old.

Stock injectors.

Timing and fuel pressure is good.

Any other thoughts?
Old 08-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Launching!

has it just started doing this....did you do anything mod wise that might have bought this up....
Old 08-07-2007, 09:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by johnson7454
has it just started doing this....did you do anything mod wise that might have bought this up....
Been doing it for a few months....not a huge issue I guess.

But it has bothered me for a while....and I'd like to fix it.
But I have done all the simple things as far as I know.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Launching!

thats a hard one...especially that you have a tune...????
Old 08-07-2007, 11:14 PM
TECH Resident

Mine's doing this because it's running in open loop. Just a thought.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:26 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jmdale1984
Mine's doing this because it's running in open loop. Just a thought.
What exactly do you mean?
Old 08-08-2007, 12:56 AM
TECH Resident

My computer popped an DTC because of a bad rear 02 sensor. It pulled them computer out of closed loop (normal) operation, and it will not return until the O2 code is removed or fixed. It's been running like crap ever since, even though a rear O2 should have zero impact on engine function. Still smoked an 07 Mustang GT with full bolt ons last night though... lol.

Is your SES light on? If so, that's probably your problem. If not, there are reasons your computer will go into open loop without any SES light on. Your dealership or a good tuner could spot this problem in a heartbeat.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jmdale1984
My computer popped an DTC because of a bad rear 02 sensor. It pulled them computer out of closed loop (normal) operation, and it will not return until the O2 code is removed or fixed. It's been running like crap ever since, even though a rear O2 should have zero impact on engine function. Still smoked an 07 Mustang GT with full bolt ons last night though... lol.

Is your SES light on? If so, that's probably your problem. If not, there are reasons your computer will go into open loop without any SES light on. Your dealership or a good tuner could spot this problem in a heartbeat.
I have no SES light, but my rear O2 codes were deleted years ago when I put on my LT's. The car runs 100%, super strong.

I told my tuner about it, and this is a very reputable shop....the tuner said nothing he touched would do that, and he saw no issues on the laptop at the time. I have even heard from a few fellow owners that they get the same slight hesitation at part throttle as well sometimes.

Like I said, it will not do it under very light throttle, or under WOT.
The plugs, wires and fuel filter are all less then a year old.

All I can think of is tossing in a bottle of fuel system cleaner, checking that the wires are all tight (don't think that could be the case or is would be much worse), cleaning the MAF which has been a while, and maybe checking the O2 sensors.

Last edited by SSINISTR SS; 08-08-2007 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:03 PM
TECH Resident

IDK, man... I'm no expert. I was just offering my experience with my problem.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Launching!

What a lucky thread I stumbled upon. I too am having about the same exact problem. Sometimes it's snail or hold on it's going to open up! I just got a 6.0 put in and a tune and I'm getting that problem. Hope somebody else has had the same problems and knows how to remedy it. Good luck. Will be watching.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Grimlock1968
What a lucky thread I stumbled upon. I too am having about the same exact problem. Sometimes it's snail or hold on it's going to open up! I just got a 6.0 put in and a tune and I'm getting that problem. Hope somebody else has had the same problems and knows how to remedy it. Good luck. Will be watching.
I'm gonna try changing my fuel filter agian, even though it isn't that old, the car sat for a few month between the cam change and the winter when I was in NY.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:10 PM
Banned

I had this problem also while in open loop mode. I jacked with the fueling and got it too lean (not dangerously lean, but too lean to be driveable at part throttle). I went back to my old tune and the problem went away. What I am trying to say is there is a good chance you are in open loop mode and just don't know it. Just because your car is not throwing DTC's doesn't mean they are not there. Your tuner can just choose to ignore the code (turn it off). It is a very common practice on cars with big cams. Mine is open loop and will likely stay that way. Anyway, take your car back to your tuner and tell him to get the fueling right. Thats what I would do....
Old 08-10-2007, 12:11 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1320FEVER
I had this problem also while in open loop mode. I jacked with the fueling and got it too lean (not dangerously lean, but too lean to be driveable at part throttle). I went back to my old tune and the problem went away. What I am trying to say is there is a good chance you are in open loop mode and just don't know it. Just because your car is not throwing DTC's doesn't mean they are not there. Your tuner can just choose to ignore the code (turn it off). It is a very common practice on cars with big cams. Mine is open loop and will likely stay that way. Anyway, take your car back to your tuner and tell him to get the fueling right. Thats what I would do....
I hear what your saying, but it did this before the recent cam swap....