General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Radiator Leak - Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 05:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radiator Leak - Please Help

Hey guys,
I'm out of the country right now (military) and my wife's car got a radiator leak which a buddy of mine fixed with Stop Leak. How long is that stuff good for? I'm coming home around the end of October. Will it last that long or is that stuff more of an emergency fix just to get you home? Obviously I'd rather fix it myself, but I don't want her driving around in something that's going to overheat. Thanks for the help!
Old 08-28-2007, 06:45 PM
On The Tree

tell her to send you pictures of the leak . im very exceptical about using that kind of products, the last time i remove a faulty water pump was because the leak stoper additive add some nasty stuff to it
Old 08-29-2007, 07:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by cxpcman
tell her to send you pictures of the leak . im very exceptical about using that kind of products, the last time i remove a faulty water pump was because the leak stoper additive add some nasty stuff to it
Great...I don't have a pic yet, but she said it was pretty much just a pinhole size leak. It's been fine since the Leak Stop was added, but I'm just wondering if this will hold for any amount of time...
Old 08-29-2007, 07:43 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its a temp fix, order a GM radiator, Sam Taylor or Scoggin Dicky should have the best prices. Get it sent ahead of time.