General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need a few Torque Specs:

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a few Torque Specs:

I've tried searching and i didnt get anything on this. i even called the dealer and talked to a mechanic but he didnt have time to check til next week and i'm gonna be working on my car this weekend.

I'm gonna be changing the trans mount, trans fluid, and installing my new (used) slp longtubes - i know people hate em but i got em dirt cheap.

Can anyone give me the torque specs and anything else i need to know such as degrees rotation after torque for those three:
trans pan bolts
trans mount bolts
header bolts

And should i use locktite on any or lube with wd-40 or brake cleaner?

My first time doing any of these three so any help would be apreciated. i have an suv also so i will put it on jack stands and take my time even if it takes me more than one day.

Thanks in advanced. by the way just got this 98 formula in Bright Metallic Green and wednesday it ran 13.66 @103.4 with 2.1 60ft on crappy tires at 3645lbs race weight so i have a baseline.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Trans pan: 97 inch lbs
Trans mount: 18 ft lbs
Headers: 18-20 ft lbs.....but you'll never get a tq wrench in there for the back bolts. Go by feel, they don't need to be uber tight. Use the stock multi-layered gaskets, they seal the best. Use anti-seize on the header bolts, nothing needed for the other two.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a lot. I started working on the car today. I did buy the header gasket's from the dealer. So far i only have the driver side exhaust manifold off and the y-pipe and all 02's of course. i started the oil change too and left the car without the oil pan bold and w/out the oil filter but i think i need to raise the car a lot more to get the driver side header in. The passenger side looks like it's gonna be interesting. i still have to take the starter out. That a/c tubing is really in the way. I did permanently remove egr and air.

thanks again. will do the pan tomorrow.