General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Dont know where to post this so here it is...

Old 09-20-2007, 11:48 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dont know where to post this so here it is...

I have rebuilt 4l60e w/3600 vig, s60 w/ 3.73's, and 40,000 miles on my 00 t/a. Ive had the rear for almost a year and the trans for about 8 months and its been running fine. This week Ive noticed the rpm's are at 3000-3500 cruising at 70mph.. it sounds like a lot of stress on the engine and if i recall correctly before they were at 2000-2500 around that speed. also if i accelerate slow then get into the gas I feel like i'm driving a v6. Ive found a small leak in the rear end seal and a small crack in the coolant line from the radiator to the water pump. but my water temp., trans fluid, oil pressure, and oil levels are fine, I don't know how to check the rear end fluid so I was just gunna replace the gasket and fill it up then. Does anyone have any ideas what could suddenly cause this?
Old 09-20-2007, 11:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigfoot2thefloor
I have rebuilt 4l60e w/3600 vig, s60 w/ 3.73's, and 40,000 miles on my 00 t/a. Ive had the rear for almost a year and the trans for about 8 months and its been running fine. This week Ive noticed the rpm's are at 3000-3500 cruising at 70mph.. it sounds like a lot of stress on the engine and if i recall correctly before they were at 2000-2500 around that speed. also if i accelerate slow then get into the gas I feel like i'm driving a v6. Ive found a small leak in the rear end seal and a small crack in the coolant line from the radiator to the water pump. but my water temp., trans fluid, oil pressure, and oil levels are fine, I don't know how to check the rear end fluid so I was just gunna replace the gasket and fill it up then. Does anyone have any ideas what could suddenly cause this?
I had this happen as well, and we have the same tranny, gears and I had the VIG 3600 back than, now I have a VIG 3200.

The converter sounds like its going, but it can also be a slipping tranny. My cluthes were shot when PI took my converter apart and they said that it is the reason I was running 300-400 rpms higher than I normally did. When I got the new one back, it was back down to about 2,700 at 72mph.

And it can't be your rear-end, they don't slip. They either work or they don't, its a metal gear, no cluthes to slip.

I think a tuner can tell you the slippage in the converter, have that checked.

Also, your tranny could also be the culprit, it can be slipping.

Search this Thread