General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Weird problem when key is turned too ACC..

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 06:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird problem when key is turned too ACC..

Ok, every time after I wash it or the car is wet it does this weird crap when the key is turned back to ACC, it usually only does it when it has been damp or wet for a while ....

If anyone can guess or diagnosis this problem id be in your debt as it is one of the many electrical problems Im facing. The seatbelt light flashes with the door chime and a weird ticking noise coming from behind the steering wheel in the dash somewhere. Please help ME!
Old 09-21-2007, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ticking noise usually is the battery being low or it could be a ground is arching on one of your headers . i know i had to rewrap my starter wires cause it was touching one of my headers and it would make a ticking noise also and it was not a low battery . though it would blow fuses sometimes if that was the case . hope some of this may help .
Old 09-22-2007, 12:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agree, id look for any wires that have become 'bare' from rubbing... or are burnt. Sounds like the water is just enough to get it to arc. Check the harness on the pass. side by the headers, its a common place to have burnt wires.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:17 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks, that makes sense, ill check it out in the morning...hopefully thats the same problem that is making my stereo and windows cut out. That or the BCM or a short like people are saying.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:46 AM
Launching!

Are you sure your buzzer doesn't want to start making music? It sounds like its practicing its beat to me.