General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

AC making a fast chirping noise?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 07:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default AC making a fast chirping noise?

Yeah, "chirp". not sure how else to put it. but it gets faster if i increase the speed of the AC. it's like a really fast tick, not very loud but noticeable. my ac was working fine and now this noise. it still works fine, but the noise is annoying. am i low on r-134a or something?
Old 10-09-2007, 08:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What do you mean by increasing the speed of the AC? If it's cooling fine thinking you might be talking about the blower motor....
Old 10-10-2007, 04:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

increasing the speed of the ac - as in turning the **** up to the next speed. there are 4 speeds so the ac blows harder and colder. right?

blower motor? i guess it is that then, but why is it doing it? do i need to put that oil additive in my ac along with some r134a?

edit: it probably is that then. i just did some more research and that is most likely the problem since the noise is coming from the area where it sits. how do i access the blower motor? maybe there is just some junk in it and needs to be cleaned? is it easy to replace? i'm seeing them on ebay for cheap.

Last edited by kaos_; 10-10-2007 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had leaves in mine before - don't know how in the world they got in there. Blower motor and fan cage come out as a unit from under the passenger side dash. Remove the electrical connector to the motor, remove 3 screws and it comes out as a unit. Definitely blower motor related if it makes the same sound with the AC turned off and fan on.