General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Fyi

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 10:43 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Fyi

Hello everyone....

I just wanted to say a few words about my 02 SS. I can't get over how reliable this car is. I have 80K miles on it now. I do all my own work on it. I have yet to change a burnt out bulb. At 50K I replaced the plugs, power flushed the radiator, replaced trans and rear end fluid. Plugs - a very easy job, I might add. The brakes are about 50% worn. Incredible. The clutch is still working just fine. I have no idea when that puppy will go. I change oil/filter every 5K. I change the air filter every 10K. I change the fuel filter every 20K. At 70K miles I replaced the original tires and battery. I mean everything on it work perfectly. I get 25 MPG....still! I live in Los Angeles and drive a very busy 80 to 120 miles a day. This car is incredible.

I may be lucky on all this, but I wanted to say that this Camaro was built right.

Anybody else have this kind of luck with their 02? I sure hope they build the 2010 like this.

Regards,
Al
Old 10-17-2007, 12:25 PM
pjb
TECH Resident

I have a 98 SS with about 130k. same story. looks and runs like new. I have a couple of lights out on my monsoon stereo unit, but everything else is like new. just haven't got around to changing the stereo lights. regular maintenance and care go a long way.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Staging Lane

You know...that's true PJB. These cars were really built to last. I was doin' my regular maintenance this weekend and just thought I'd post my findings is all.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:26 PM
Launching!

109K here and I haven't had anything worse than a window motor go bad.