General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

WHat is this sound

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHat is this sound

Everything is perfectly fine , but when i have the pedal to the floor it seems like it does it in 2nd and third , after about 4500 to 6k there is a sound that is very hard to explain. Its kind of like a rattle but hard to explain
Old 10-17-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

where is it comming from? i have one that comes from the engine area. kinda sounds like the cats are falling apart.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:32 PM
Teching In

I get the sound as well, at WOT it sounds like a cable rattleing up against the exhaust pipe. but when I look under the car... nothing? I thought it was the E-Brake cable but can't figure out what it is. I played around with the o2 sensors and they rattle when moved so I am assuming that the vibrations at WOT makes them rattle loudly enough to hear them over the sound of the engine.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

hmm i wounder if thats what it is. when i went on the dyno it showed i was running a perfect A/F. so i kinda rulled out any detonation. ive started to ignore it but you know how that is. im just to lazy to get under there. im waiting on the headers .i think its weird how its only around like 6 grand though. ill have to get my O2s. have you fixed yours yet?