General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

troubleshooting this problem w/ me...

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 02:35 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default troubleshooting this problem w/ me...

Someone help me how to diagnose this potential problem. I'm type of person who does preventive maintenance and I have this problem I'm looking at.
I'm not completely sure if its actually the starter. When I start the car especially a cold start, it drags. I mean, it doesn't stall or anything because it actually starts it just drags for a few seconds or so.

My initial thought was the alternator but it's charging the battery pretty good. The battery seems like its charged pretty good when its in mobile. Now the starter? I'm not a mechanic so I don't know for sure.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You mean it's not firing up like normal, turning over slower than catching? Just before my stock battery completely died my car did that, along with slightly lower voltage at lights. I'd get the battery tested, ignored mine for a week because it would still start - then it completely died and my remote wouldn't even unlock the doors one morning. Get a free load test, if for no other reason just to eliminate it as the problem.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:57 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28
Get a free load test, if for no other reason just to eliminate it as the problem.
The car is starting but it slow. You know like when you start the car, turn the ignition switch then immediately the car starts. Well my car will start almost immediately like 2 seconds later.

I'll get the battery tested tomorrow.