General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Strange Misfire Problem help needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Strange Misfire Problem help needed

Hello, My car developed this strange misfire and I have not been able to figure it out.

Every once in a while I will start the car up and it will drive perfect, I will go and park at the store or somewhere, get back in the car start it up and start to pull away, almost right when I start to pull away it will misfire/stumble like crazy. I will ease into the gas and probably give 40%-60% throttle, it will stumble for a second then just take off. The misfire will be gone and usually doesnt come back the rest of the time i drive it that day. It doesnt happen every time I drive the car and is very unpredictable. It doesnt appear to throw any codes. I have changed the plugs/wires and the problem still occurs every once in a while. Other than that the car runs like a champ. It doesnt appear to miss at WOT and only seems to occur below 3-3.5K at part throttle.

Mods are TR224, longtubes, LS6 intake, tune and pretty much all the other basic bolt ons.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clean an resecure ye battey terminals and connectors.

Wash engine blow dry as much as possible,unclip every plug in sight ,wd inside terminals
blow em dry ,reconnect all terminals ,atleast now they have all been cleaned.

If by then the problem persists,replace the fuel filter (incase ye copped watered fuel) others to look for are efi fuel pump relay,efi pump itself
coil + leads,ecu which by then you could get it analysed by a local workshop or yourself
if your keen.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had a very similar issue, and it was an o2 sensor... i was throwing a flashing SES though.