General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help with mirror install

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 04:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with mirror install

I am trying to install a electrochromic mirror from a corvette into my camaro. I am having trouble with the electrical hookup, more specifically, the courtesy illumination. I have found out that the camaro has 3 wires, (Blue=Power Feed, White=Power Rtn, and Black=Ground), and that the corvette has 4 wires,(Orange1=Power Feed, Orange2=Courtesy Feed [From Relay] Brown=Guage Illumination Circuit, and Black=Ground) My problem is that if I hook up the Blue and Black wires, I do not have courtesy Lights. I am trying to find a circuit that actiuvates with the door switch and the interior light switch on the dash. I have tried to hook up the white wire to the second power slot, but all it does is keep the map lights on all the time, except when I switch the interior lights and then the turn off, (basically it operates backwards). I guess a relay that is closed until voltage is applied could help me in this situation, but what would I run it off of ( I thought it would be possible to run it between the blue and white wires, but I'm not sure) Anybody with any electrical knowledge, or that knows where I can obtain one of these relays, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for Looking

Last edited by 99blue-Z; 11-30-2007 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Try blue to orange 2 and white to orange 1. You'll need to run a wire from the illumination circuit in your car to the brown wire on the mirror to make it operate properly.