General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Vacuume Line

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vacuume Line

I found a broken vacuume line and temporarily repaired it. I want to replace the whole thing but am not sure where it goes to. Its the hard plastic line that connects to the back of the intake and disaspears into a wiring harness. Any bnody know where it comes out at? I'd really like to avoid cutting open that wiring loom.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

If it is the super thin line that goes towards the passenger side then it is most likely the vacuum line for the HVAC blend doors and the cruise control. There should be a TEE just in front of the A/C box, one line cuts towards the firewall and goes into the A/C box, the other one jumps back into another bundle of wires and goes all the way around the front of the engine and then goes through the firewall on the drivers side, for the cruise control I believe. Hopefully you will be able to replace just the line going from the manifold to the TEE. Good Luck!
Old 12-13-2007, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

The line goes into the HVAC system as you said, but when it goes back into the harness it goes to a vacum canister mounted by the horns under the right front headlight. It's used to supply extra vacum to the HVAC system so the valve move faster.

Re'