General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

engine miss

Old 02-07-2008, 07:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default engine miss

I started building this car last year, was a v6 f bird now a ws6 trans am, I used a wrecked car for the doner, engine was fine. Car is basically done now, I backed it out of the garage a few days ago, started running like ****. Hooked the scanner up, missing on #1 cylinder. Now, when I start it it runs perfect for about 45 seconds then it will start to miss, hold it at 3000 rpms # 1 stops and #3 starts missing, let off gas #3 stops and #1 starts. Also If I give it just enoung gas maybe 1000 rpms to get the engine to shake like hell and hold it for 30-45 seconds then miss will go away like I flipped a switch to the spark plug like magic. I swapped coils around swapped wires around put new plugs in it, figured I would probably didnt need them but b4 I start driving it might as well...56k btw. none of this changed it, sprayed carb cleaner around all vaccum and injectors, My guess is it needs to be driven maybe I got some dirt in the injectors from backing it in and out of the garage. The car has yet to be drivin. Not missing anything am i?

also I notice when I shut the car off and it cools my radiator hoses squash flat together. dont release when I pop the cap, let the car warm up and the go back out, full of antifreeze and its circulating, bleed it, doesnt make sense to me....

Search this Thread