General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

stumped . . .

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 11:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stumped . . .

I am very much stumped at this point. I can drive my vehicle 0-60 in 10 min. or 0-60 in 3.8secs and either way the car will get a SLIGHT loss of power on the way.
Symptoms:
Surges at idle occasionally AFTER i drive it.
Semi-loss of power while accelerating.
ALL FLUIDS ARE GOOD.
ALL METERS ARE GOOD.
NO KNOCKING.
NO CODES!

The LOSS of power is normally pretty quick but there's not a certain time/mph/rpm/temp outside/ that affects this.

I think I got a bad tank of gas to be honest b/c I JUST FILLED UP 50 miles ago and thats when i noticed it. Also, the car runs too damn good defore hand to have any type of catostrophic failure. No pings or anything. ANyone have some good advice for Water Removal additives or any other checks i should do. Spark plugs are good btw as well. I've pretty much linked it to the gas or possibly intermittent ignition, I'm sticking with the bad gas solely for the reason that a FUEL PUMP normally cuts a car off if it goes intermittent. Thanks for the quick responses. I NEED THE HELP, lol!
Old 02-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Launching!

fuel pump, fuel filter ? i would burn that gas off first and see how it is later on down the road. the only sure way to tel is take it to a mechanic and see what he thinks
Old 02-07-2008, 11:28 AM
On The Tree

Default pft. . . lol

no thanks. I know more about this car than any mechanic in town. Even most of Chevrolet dealerships. But i will check the filter, the only problem is that the filter wouldn't effect me at WOT b/c the I shouldn't have a small glipse of a 'loss of power. It should be HUGE like putting your foot down on a dump truck! thanks for the advice.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2000Z28AUG
no thanks. I know more about this car than any mechanic in town. Even most of Chevrolet dealerships. But I will check the filter, the only problem is that the filter wouldn't effect me at WOT b/c the I shouldn't have a small glipse of a 'loss of power. It should be HUGE like putting your foot down on a dump truck! thanks for the advice.
I meant like, have them hook it up to a scanner so you can see real time data. get some test done, your not going to find out whats wrong if you dont got the tools to do it.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

change the fuel filter and run a can of sea foam thru ur gas. go from there
Old 02-09-2008, 02:47 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TransAmdriv3r
I meant like, have them hook it up to a scanner so you can see real time data. get some test done, your not going to find out whats wrong if you dont got the tools to do it.
good point!