General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Driver Side window trouble!! AHHHH

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 06:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Driver Side window trouble!! AHHHH

Hey all, I'm having a lot of trouble with my driver side window. Yea that's right, my DRIVER side. The passenger side runs like a champ no problem.

Here's what my problem is:

When I press the button to lower the window, it will go down some, then stop. Then I'll drive a little bit, and press it again, and it goes down a little more, then stops. Then I drive a bit more, and I press it down again and do this whole process over and over again until it's all the way down. The same process happens when I go to roll up the window. My passenger side window works perfect and goes up and down on command no stops or anything. What would you suggest I do? I know I can change the window motor out, but is this really the problem here. It just seems like it doesn't want to respond, and after I drive a little bit, the car gets some juice going and then I use it on the window seems like lol. PLEASE HELP ME, I'm very frustrated at this point and hate rolling my windows down
Old 02-16-2008, 07:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

It is your motor. My driver side motor did the exact same thing. Needs replaced.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
It is your motor. My driver side motor did the exact same thing. Needs replaced.
Thanks for the info. Where did you get yours from? Autozone etc?
Old 02-16-2008, 09:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I got mine from ebay. Got a pair of them for $35 after doing some hunting. People here have said that they are crap half the time but the ones I got are metal geared and everything. Haven't used the second one (got the pair since my passenger window is a bit slow so I wasn't sure if it's on its way out or not) but the first one works beautifully and is fairly quick. A little louder perhaps than the original but it doesn't bother me any.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:19 PM
10 Second Club

alright thanks, I'll be lookin at both Autozone and Ebay now

I don't think the window being a little louder would bother me any, I mean it is just a window, who cares, deal with it IMO
Old 02-16-2008, 10:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely your motor. I had the same problem. I bought a new motor from autozone that comes with a lifetime warranty.