General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

maf cleaning question

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 11:34 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default maf cleaning question

hey guys i just ported my maf ends and went to clean up everything and realized i was out of electronic spray cleaner to clean off any debris on the sensor itself. my question is can i spray it down with carb & choke cleaner since it claims not to leave a residue(which i aint believing). or do you guys have any other suggestions on what i can use. i would like to get my car back together today but the only stores open in my area dont carry what i need.

thanks
Old 02-17-2008, 12:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.crcindustries.com/auto/co...x?S=Y&PN=05110
Old 02-17-2008, 04:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We used to use window cleaner at work, and small amt. of air pressure to dry it off. Not too much pressure, otherwise you will blow the resistors off. Works great
Old 02-17-2008, 06:06 PM
On The Tree

this is all you need! don't use anything else on your maf.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That stuff works nicely also, But you use it a few times on a few cars, and ya still have 90% left in the can that never gets used and then you are wasteing $$. windex glass cleaner works great and i'm sure you have some at home. Many people use glass cleaner, my shop uses it and I know a bunch of other techs that do. Or maybe the 100+ cars that I have used it on, I ruined the sensor, but no comebacks for bad maf sensors, interesting...
Old 02-17-2008, 08:44 PM
TECH Regular

thanks guys already got'r done i just used some gas and a rag . cleaned her right up . j/j my buddy had some electronic cleaner and i used that. really noticed a difference after porting and descreening maf and also porting my TB to. just have the bump stop mod left to do . i had been running my cut out open on the street because of a broken bolt that was in it. but i got that fixed today also. so i think thats where alot of my noticable difference came from on my bottom end . but the throttle response seems better. at first it ran like **** but i drove it about 40 miles and she runs like a top now. so i figure the pcm had to learn a lil somethin new and make an adj.