General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Antifreeze leaking out of the cap????

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 09:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by coreygalyk13
well no duh i want a quick way out im in school and work and dont have alot of time to work on the car or money to pay someone ever think of that?????....and no why would i waste money to cheap AZ stuff but thanks for ur sarcastic remarks anyway...and also thanks for the other help people gave

Okay buddy calm down there, its cool.

Best thing for you to do is to just post up in the Non-LSX classified that you're selling a 97 LT1 car and it may possibly have a blown head gasket. Take the $$ from that and buy a honda to scoot around in. AZ sells fine products but with your limited mechanical knowledge and experience I can understand you wouldn't know this. Again good luck my friend Cheers
Old 02-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how can u sit there and say i have no mechanical knowledge when only thing done on your car is ricer mods nothing but bolt ons. I'm pretty sure i have way more in my motor and know everything about it than you do. so before you run your mouth take a second look....

thanks for you pointless and childish comments though.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:53 AM
On The Tree

how can u sit there and say i have no mechanical knowledge when only thing done on your car is ricer mods nothing but bolt ons. .

Easy. You would have already began trouble shooting/repairing your car if you had.I did my own head gasket replacement on my old 97, and replaced the lifers and replaced the valve springs and replaced the cam and replaced the opti and....should i continue here??? Im a MECHANIC in Air Force. I've pulled and replaced more engines, transmissions and transfer cases out of more vehicles than you've wasted people's time with this thread.

when only thing done on your car is ricer mods nothing but bolt ons. .
Check Handle location

Being in the military has severly limited my time to drive my car let alone mod it. Between being in Korea for a year and now spending 8 months in the desert its kinda hard, you could probably pull it off though.

I'm pretty sure i ... know everything about it than you do. so before you run your mouth take a second look....
Don't even delve into knowledge of Gen II (thats what you have!, the LT1 and LT4 based engine) and Gen III & IV

HIGHLY doubt that Jr. Or lese you'd etheir

A) be a amechanic and have had you car fixed already

B) Wouldn't rely on others from around the world to help you repair and trouble shoot your vehicle with extremely obvious signs of head gasket/cooling system problems

C) You would've already done all that was mentioned to you in this thread

so before you run your mouth take a second look...

At what exactly?? Your sig? Oh well seeing as how there isn't one, its kinda hard to bro.

Laterz...
Old 03-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Staging Lane

ok bud quit wasting my time acting like you know something cause no one cares about how ur being an arrogant dumba** that just sits at home all day looking at teenage **** and insulting people on forums.......

thanks have a nice day.....
Old 03-02-2008, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

ok bud quit wasting my time acting like you know something cause no one cares about how ur being an arrogant dumba** that just sits at home all day looking at teenage **** and insulting people on forums.......

thanks have a nice day.....
Kinda hard to surf the net on MSR Tampa while driving a Maintenance 915 bobtail kiddo, but Okay.

Ya get that car fixed yet? Should prolly be more worried 'bout that rather than this thread eh?

Cheers!
Old 03-03-2008, 12:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rob M

2) WATCH your oil pressure gauge. If you notice the needle kinda fluctuate at all thats a deff. indication that you oil and antifreeze are doing "the 2 step" together
sending unit could do that too. mine does it on idle when warm.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:51 PM
On The Tree

True! Forgot about that (behind the intake.)
Old 09-02-2014, 02:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rob M
2) WATCH your oil pressure gauge. If you notice the needle kinda fluctuate at all thats a deff. indication that you oil and antifreeze are doing "the 2 step" together
What exactly is causing this fluctuation? I have my oil gauge fluctuating often (both old and new), and I've just rebuilt engine so no blown gaskets, and it still fluctuates

Quick Reply: Antifreeze leaking out of the cap????