General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Just another Misfire question

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just another Misfire question

Alright..I know its not plugs or wires or any of the normal trouble shooting stuff..make sure its 2 clicks 1 click I know that. I start it cold misses on #3 and #4 randomly not a dead miss, give it some throttle no miss...ok motor is hot now, have a miss on #2 and # 6 give it throttle no miss.. somtimes a miss on others but randomly ...usually not enough to even throw a code. But I know its there I can here it pop at idle and also I can watch it on my snapon scanner. wether this combination is just coinidence i dont kno. Ive changed temp switches swapped coil packs swapped wires it already has new plugs in it ...no cracked insulation on them...runs fine when actually driving. I cant say if it was fine before Ive never driven it..I put pacesetters on it with a magnaflow catback. Thanks
Old 03-07-2008, 12:02 AM
Launching!

It might have something to do with the O2 extensions. Mine had a short in them and it would cause it to misfire.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:56 PM
On The Tree

ok.....it was colder out today around 30 id say. Start it multiple misfires all over....not enough to throw a code but I watch it on the scanner and if I open the cutout I can hear it pop. all randomly 1 here 1 there the maybe 2 or 3 and then 1 or 2 ..kinda like fireworks they light 1 every few seconds and then every now and then someone gets brave and lights 2 fuses at once and bomb..bomb lol anyway when it s fully up to temp its practically fine only thing I noticed at idle is #3 every so often 1 or 2 misfires but very very randomly....when driving it doesnt miss and runs fine...

^^^ I watch the O2's on the scanner and they are working properly...GO-T are these the symptoms you had or did yours miss all the time ?
Old 03-12-2008, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

You swapped the wires around, are they new?

Spark plug wires are like women, you can't tell if they are good or bad just by looking at them.