General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Power window experts please

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power window experts please

2002 Trans AM, on the passangers side door window, it'll move up and down just fine. My problem is once the window is all the way down, then I go to raise it, the window will make a clunk sound, then it'll move up normally. If the window is only part of the way down, it wont clunk when going up. Drivers side is perfect, no clunks.

The motor was replaced at one time, with a GM replacement, rivets (screws) are secure and motor is not lose. Has the autotrix relays and Express down module installed. But the clunk was present before the autotrix/express down mods.

The window seals to the top fine, as far as I can tell, no wind noise or rattetling.

I guess if there is an adjustment in there to stop the window from going down that far would do the trick. or anything else I'm not aware of

thanks!
Old 03-24-2008, 02:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my driver side window did this right before the clip that goes through the bottom corner of the glass broke... now the glass wont stay on track unless i use my hand to guide it up.. make sure that peice isnt cracked and has alot of pressure on it...
Old 03-24-2008, 07:38 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

There is definitely a loose/broken part in the mechanism. A loose regulator or loose track could cause the issue. (I had a similar issue once with a part I forgot to tighten during a motor/regulator replacement.) If you watch the track bolts/nuts and the regulator attachments while this happens, you should be able to see what is going on.