General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Another window problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Angry Another window problem

pushed the button for the driver side to go all the way down. window went down no problem but when it got to the button the window motor continued to spin until i get the button up for a second. then put the window up half way no problem and tried to put it down again and the motor just spun again but no action from the window. so im able to put the window all the way up but wont go down at all, just hear the motor free spinning it sounds like so i dont think its the motor. anyone else ever have this problem or know what it could be? couldnt happen at a better time now that the weather is getting nice. any help would be great thanks
Old 04-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Sounds like the gear on the motor isn't engaging the teeth on the regulator. (Its hard to imagine that either would be stripped. They are both sturdy and metal.)

You say "Another" window problem. Have you changed the motor before? If so, maybe the motor has become unbolted/loose from the regulator?
Old 04-20-2008, 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

no havent replaced the motor on this one before but have had other fbodies were i have had to. i just dont understand why it works the one way no problem but not the other so i dont think the teeth are stripped.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's really wierd. If you are not the original owner, maybe someone else fouled up a replacement install before you bought it.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ive had it for 2yrs now with no sign of any problems until now. ill see what i can find out tomorrow