General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Air system (leakage)

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 12:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air system (leakage)

I removed the AIR system on my 02 SS last week and I have noticed a significantly large vacuum leak since. I checked the solenoid on the drivers side on top of the coil packs with a can of carb cleaner and the engine didn't hesitate at idle or at a mid rev which leads me to believe that part was already open to the atmosphere. I did however plug the hole for a few min and I could still hear the leak. Any suggestions on where I should look?

I'm going to check the brake booster lines tomorrow to make sure they are snug, I recently pulled one off to sea foam the car. Also I tugged pretty hard on the AIR hoses when I was pulling the out from behind the intake manifold, so I'm gonna check that vacuum line tomorrow as well.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

There's a small black vacuum line that goes to the back of the intake and connects to your air system. If you didn't plug this (I just used a screw that fit tightly in it) then it will create a vacuum leak.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pull that AIR **** out. Its pointless anyways.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Staging Lane

Ok guys come on... I already said in my post the air system is removed. The vacuum leak began after the system was removed. The problem is i cannot locate the leak. It has to be somewhere behind the intake but the question is where b/c i cant feel the leak and i cant bog the car out with any carb spray to see if i'm remotely near the leak. So in other words this leak is somewhere out of sight. Any suggestions?