General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need help with window sag!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need help with window sag!

My drivers side window is sagging. The front pf the glass is not going all the way up and sealing with the weather stripping. Does anyone know how to adjust the track or what the problem might be?....Thanks, Mike
Old 05-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

How far is it? There are two top stops that limit the upward limits of the back and front of the window. The back one is bolted to the top of the track that holds the guide built in to the window channel. The front one is a white plastic piece that is bolted to the inside of the door. (Take the door panel off and use a mirror to see if its contacting the stop.) If you are just a few mm off, you should be able to loosen the stop and move it up.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Also make sure if the motor has been replaced that the bolts holding the window motor up are tight. I did mine and the nuts back off the bolts I put in and the torque from the motor chewed up the fiberglass crap and made the window sag . Threw some washers on it and then put some thread lock on it and it is good to go now seals up perfect.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys i'll give it a shot this weekend. It's only sagging about an 1/16-1/8 of an inch. Just enough to hear the wind and let water in.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Take the door panel off and you will clearly see a few bolts that are adjustable. The bolt(s) towards the front of the door must be coming loose and dropping a bit. Should be easy to fix.

Quick Reply: Need help with window sag!