General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Thumping Noise, Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 08:56 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thumping Noise, Please Help!

Hey Everyone,

I just recently had the front brakes on my car service (new premium rotors, pads), and now I have noticed a thumping sound seemingly only when I apply the brakes. I can feel it in the floorboard under my feet and sometimes in the brake pedal as well. Turns seem to influence it sometimes, as do bumps. When I fully apply the brakes, I usually only notice it right before the car comes to a complete stop, but when I apply some light to medium pressure on the pedal, that thumping sound appears and sounds rotational. At first I thought this might be a strut or control arm bushing, but I did not have this problem until I brought it in for front brakes. If anyone can give some input, I would appreciate it. I am going to take the car back to the shop that did the brakes and if it is the brakes, I'm gonna make sure they get it done right. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took the car back to the shop that did the brakes, the guy said the brakes were fine and there was nothing loose in the front end. Anyone think it might be a t/a mount? Any help is greatly appreciated.