General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Headlight Motor Concerns

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 12:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Headlight Motor Concerns

I've read the sticky and every relevant post that came up on search.

The basic issue was the passenger side motor did not work whatsoever.

I've gone through the grind noise issue and had it replaced a while back and this was totally different obviously.

The searched posts led me to the fact that AutoZone sells them. A unit is being shipped from Tampa to Sarasota for me, which is fine.

However, another LS1Tech member mentioned they manually raised the light, and it started working again shortly after.

Mine has started working as well.

However, it goes up *slightly* slower than the drivers side and they both close nice and quick. When I say slightly, I mean almost hard to notice slightly. I had to do it 5 times to be sure.

Is this a sign that the motor is soon on it's way to the grave?

I don't want to spend 65$ after core charges for something I don't need (yet, lol).

Thanks in advance, gang.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:44 PM
TECH Addict

The biggest thing with the headlights you named already, the dreaded grinding gear. I think if the headlights are going up and down fine with no problem, then just save yourself the cash for now. You could buy it and save it if it ever decides to take a crap on you. But who knows it can go today, tomorrow, or even a year from now.
-Joel
Old 08-08-2008, 03:11 PM
TECH Regular

Well for anyone searching posts with this type of criteria, it stopped working again the day after. Going to pick up the new motor and be done with it.

Thanks 2khawk for the info.