General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

gmmg cat back?

Old 08-07-2008, 11:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gmmg cat back?

any body have a pacesetter lt with ory with gmmg setup/soundclip?? just wondering what it sounds like.. want the gmmg bad but dont know if it will sound raspy or deep the whole time..
Old 08-08-2008, 09:12 AM
Launching!

ls1sounds.com
Old 08-09-2008, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

I'm sure you already heard this before, but everyone says that the refinement of noise you hear from the GMMG video clips on their website come from the cat's themselves. I had the same question as you and called up GMMG, boy you better believe they are not interested in hearing you go cheap or "off road" with their exhaust system. They'll tell you your exhaust will smell and sound raspy.
Anyway, I took their word for it, and this week my cars at the shop getting Pacesetters, and Texas-Speed cats to go with the GMMG I bought.
A little off point but I bought my GMMG slightly used from some guy in Tennessee. When I told the GMMG owner dude(on the phone) he said he would PICK IT up for me and bring it to Marietta GA (where I live, AND GMMG is located), since he was coming back from a car show in Detroit and it would be on his way. GUESS why? He wanted to make sure I didn’t buy a trashed exhaust. They have a lot of pride in their work, and it shows in the cost of one
So on his behalf, I would recommend putting cat's on your car. It might cost you up to 5 HP but can make a big difference in the enjoyment of the sound your car makes. Plus, you won’t gag at long stoplights.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Teching In

no **** thats awesome.. yeah i was on ebay and somebody was trying to sell a gmmg catback that was in an accident and the guy was saying that it just needed adapters to fit right.. so the owner of GMMG went on ebay and posted a new catback and completely blasted the guy that was selling the bad catback.. he was saying that the whole thing is basically trashed and even if they had the original jig it would still be messed up and would never fit right again.. thats why i want a gmmg (the quality and pride of the system) .. n plus they sound sexy..
Old 08-10-2008, 01:41 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually saw a post on here very recently from someone running LTs/ORY/GMMG and complaining about rasp.

Search this Thread