General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Bleeding through the crossover tube question...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 07:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bleeding through the crossover tube question...

I have an 01-Z28 with the stock LS-6 intake. How do I go about bleeding the air out of the cooling system using the crossover tube???

I have read guys say this is a good way to bleed the system, but do not really know how to go about doing it.

Thanks for any help and advice everyone, I appreciate it!
Old 08-11-2008, 01:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I change mine with front wheels on ramps and pour coolant into the block through the upper radiator hose and have no probs with air in the system.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigDaddyZ28
I have an 01-Z28 with the stock LS-6 intake. How do I go about bleeding the air out of the cooling system using the crossover tube???

I have read guys say this is a good way to bleed the system, but do not really know how to go about doing it.

Thanks for any help and advice everyone, I appreciate it!
Put a small paper towel underneath the small tube that comes out underneath the right side of the throttle body (crossover tube). Pull the rubber hose off and hold your thumb over the opening, and open the radiator cap. Fill it through the radiator and all of the air pushes right out of that metal tube. When a steady stream of coolant comes out of the tube, remove your thumb from the rubber side and push it back together. Top off radiator and put the cap on. Start it briefly, top off radiator again, and that's it.

Quick Reply: Bleeding through the crossover tube question...