General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

window won't go up right

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 12:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window won't go up right

My drivers side window when i roll the window up it slides back and forth and won't line up right its seems to be completely off the track completely. does anyone know if there are clips that hold it in place because i just had the motor replaced in that door. When its rolled up it seems like it isn't even being held in place seems like the whole window wants to fall out.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

back and forth which way ?
there are little adjusters at the top right below that rubber piece at the base of the window that you can adjust in/out
Old 08-30-2008, 01:15 AM
Teching In

window slides left to right and when i think is adjusted i still have a gap close to the windshield and it looks like more of the window is up then its supposed to be. goes up past the tint line.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

youll probly have to take off the door panel. There are a few adjustment screws that will make that window seal up. when i replaced my window motor i had the same thing happen...
Old 08-31-2008, 12:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm having a similar issue and it's probably that the guider has come off the regulator. But you'll never know until you pull the panel off and see what's going on. You'll see a vertical rail where the guider slides up and down on the left side of the inner door, I bet the guider will be chillin at the bottom of the rail and a hole on the regulator where it used to sit. I'm in the process of rigging something up to fix the issue.

Last edited by spyterus; 08-31-2008 at 12:54 AM. Reason: wrong info
Old 08-31-2008, 08:53 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 354 Likes on 323 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

When you get the door panel off, look at the vertical track located at the back of the door. This track restrains the window from moving side to side. If you have just a little play, the track's nuts may be loose. If you have a lot of play, you may have the same problem this person has:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ghlight=window

(If so, you'll probably need to have a glass shop replace the channel that the door glass sits in.)