General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

ws6 driving like a v6 NEED HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 06:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ws6 driving like a v6 NEED HELP!

I just put in a Ram HD clutch kit,new steel flywheel,and a slave cylinder in my 2000 trans am this weekend and when i got it out the shop it is running like ****. It was in excellent running condition when i took it in. I had them put a shim in behind my slave cylinder and thats where i think i messed up cause after further looking into it they said dont put a shim on unless it has been machined 2-3 times. Do u think thats the problem or what do yall suggest?
Old 09-17-2008, 01:36 PM
TECH Resident

what do you mean by running like ****? like the engine is running rough or the clutch isnt engaging all the way? if you had a shop put it in take it back and tell them to fix it, the car should run better than it was before you took it in.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:37 PM
TECH Resident

oh and if its not engaging all the way buy a ram adjustable master and put it in.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:36 AM

Default WS6 driving like a v6 NEED HELP!

my rpms and my speed dont match. i have plenty of bolt ons heads ,cam and so on. my second and third use to be fast but not now, ill get to my rpms before my speed. the gears shift fine and i already have an adjustable master cylinder. im taking it to a performance shop here in a minute cause they said they cant figure out the problem. those guys were money hungry anyways cause they seen how much **** i had done and they kept saying i need this and that and now the labor is like $400 more. i said **** that just put in what i got.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:39 AM

it also is backfiring every once in a while now, never was there before i took it in