General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Running terrible in Closed Loop

Old 09-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running terrible in Closed Loop

Hey everyone,

For about a month now, I've been having intermittent issues with my 99 z28 m6.

The car will start up and idle fine while it is warming up, however, sometimes when it is warm, the problems begin. Here's what happens/happened:

1. The car will begin to feel jerky when cruising at low RPMs (between 1k and 2k). When it's doing it, I can see my shifter moving all over which shows that the transmission was jerking quite a bit below the car.

2. Just today it did the above for the first time in 3 weeks and ended up throwing a code. The code was p1153 (bank 2 sensor 1 insufficient switching). Keep in mind that I have hooker longtubes with the stock O2 sensors. Everything was working fine for months until 3 weeks ago when I started having this issue. After throwing the code (p1153), the car ran good (no jerkiness) for the rest of the drive home. I later did some research and learned that this code will also put the car into open loop which probably temporarily cured the issue.

3. Like I said above, this happened about 3 weeks ago as well and the car threw several codes: p0300, p0154, and p1153. I could definitely hear the car misfiring in open loop and when I hooked it up to my friends computer, it showed that there were A LOT of misfires on Bank 2 (cyls 2,4,6,8). The car seemed to clear back up on its own until today when I received that jerky feeling.

Anybody have any ideas as to what the problem is? I'm leaning towards a bad oxygen sensor on the passenger side but I'd like to be sure before I fork out the cash for a new one.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by garbs; 09-19-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump...can somebody please help me...
Old 09-23-2008, 10:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The front o2 sensor - bank 2 sensor 1, needs to be replaced. The random misfire code is a result of the o2 codes.

Search this Thread