Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem after Header Install

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 01:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problem after Header Install

Just installed TTS Long Tubes. For now I have the A/F adjusted with a MAFT. The TQ increase is decent, but the HP is minimal. I had an SES light pop up about 100 miles after the install. Had the dealer check the code for me, turns out to be the front left 02 sensor, have them reset the code and I swap the bad 02 out, hoping that the car has adjusted finally, but of course I throw another SES light about 70 miles later, same code as before. I am getting dynotuning done next week to fix my A/F ratios. Is there anything else I can do in the meantime? I'm afraid that the A/F ratio may not be the cause and that it may be that the front 02 sensors are now too far back and the computer can't compensate. Anyone else have the same problem after their header install? Known solutions? Thanks
Old 09-16-2003, 02:23 AM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Problem after Header Install

You may have an exhaust leak. You are for sure not the only one with this problem, I have read several posts stating the same problem.
most recent
Old 09-16-2003, 09:46 AM
10 Second Club

Default Re: Problem after Header Install

This problem to be pretty common. It seems to only pop up on some cars for some reason, though.