Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 07:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car wont start

whats up guys ,

okay I have a big problem here my car wont start ...i had to push the car in reverse to pop the clutch for the car to start.the power of the battery is good all gauges read normal so i took out the starter the guys at kregan said the coil was bad on the starter so i got a new one and i got a new battery at sears for the hell of it installed them both back in but NO GO car wont start agian had power everything normal in the car . now i have no clue what it could be when i had the car running i turned the ingiontion on to see if it would make sratching sound and it didnt make that sound ( this was before i put the new starter in ) any help would be great guys thanks

Old 09-18-2003, 07:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Default Re: car wont start

Sounds like its time to take the old girl out and put her of her misery.....

j/k

So the starter is not turning over at all? You said you push started to car (correct) so that means the engine is not the problem. Since you said you "pop the clutch," I am guessing its a M6 car. It could be the little sensor/switch on the clutch peddles (keeps you from cranking the car with the clutch engaged).

If you can get the car started and get out on a highway/open road, see if you can set the cruse control. If the sensor/switch is bad, the cruse will not engage (the computer will think the clutch peddle is pushed in).
Old 09-18-2003, 07:53 PM
wrencher

Another thing to look at w/key on is the securty light on /flashing?
Old 09-18-2003, 08:39 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Scratching sound? How about the fly wheel? Broken/cracked teeth. Could possibly explain why the starter went south. Keep us posted.
Old 09-18-2003, 09:55 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys for responding ...well i found out the problem and i didnt think about it in the first place DoooOoOoo the problem was a fuse this whole time to my alarm one was burnt out causing my car not to start ohh well i am glad shes back on the road again
thanks for your guys help and the quick response

Old 09-18-2003, 10:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks guys for responding ...well i found out the problem and i didnt think about it in the first place DoooOoOoo the problem was a fuse this whole time to my alarm one was burnt out causing my car not to start ohh well i am glad shes back on the road again
thanks for your guys help and the quick response

DOOOHHHHHH

don't feel bad.....a few months ago I had my reverse lockout on my M6 "die" (couldn't go into reverse) so I went through all the work of pulling the trans mount and lowering the trans to get the lockout solenoid out. When I got inside to test it..."CLICK"....it worked....

so my mom goes "do you have any fuses burned out?"

AHHHHHHHHHH.....3 hours wasted for one stupid fuse!!!