Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much $$ to complete?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 03:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How much $$ to complete?

I am looking at a LS6 engine, needs all the acc. stuff. How would I go about getting all the stuff for this and how much?

Thanks

Old 11-13-2008, 04:09 PM
Restricted User

Keep an eye out for guys parting out cars. They're all over the FS section. Check the salvage yards
Old 11-13-2008, 05:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by socmguy
Keep an eye out for guys parting out cars. They're all over the FS section. Check the salvage yards
Ya that would be the cheapest route.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:49 PM
TECH Resident

This isn't rocket science; you appear to be looking for some kind of miracle revelation here...
You have but two choices.... do as advised above or go to a parts house....
I guess there are other ways - such as confiscation, you know - spread the wealth around type of thingy . But I hope yer only concerned about ethical paths to fruition.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Launching!

Is this for an engine swap with a car that already has an LS1 in it? If so, you can use many of the parts off of it for the LS6. When I swapped the LS6 into my car I ended up replacing a lot of stuff from my LS1 that was worn after 60k miles but you don't have to.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Weezzer
This isn't rocket science; you appear to be looking for some kind of miracle revelation here...
You have but two choices.... do as advised above or go to a parts house....
I guess there are other ways - such as confiscation, you know - spread the wealth around type of thingy . But I hope yer only concerned about ethical paths to fruition.
WTF are you talking about? Im not looking for hand outs, was asking because im not sure if I should buy a complete take out or just this long block..

To the others who replied, thanks for the info. This is going into my 67' Nova, so I have get all the additional stuff.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:26 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by h8tulooze
WTF are you talking about?...
I was simply trying to answer the silly question you asked:
"How would I go about getting all the stuff for this...?"

Unless you expect the parts to magically arrive in a "manna from heaven" type deal - then how else do you propose to go about "getting all the stuff" other than buying the components new, after market, or from a parted out/used source??

Geesh, its like the often asked question: "Duh, where do I go to get "xxx" dealer (only) part?"
You get it from a DEALER.

Be that as it may, I digress - perhaps I was premature in my original assesment. For you this may very well be a "rocket science" type deal.