Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considerable loss of E.T and MPH, what could be wrong?

Old 09-20-2003, 03:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considerable loss of E.T and MPH, what could be wrong?

Mods in sig.

-Last year I ran a 13.3 @103 on some borrowed BFG's with a 2.0 60ft.

-Last January I ran a 13.2 @ 106 3 times in a row on street tires, don't know my 60 as they weren't giving slips out that day. I'd guess in the 2.1-2.2 range.

-Fast forward to now. I'm running Nittos, heating them up, 25psi, and have tried every possible way of launching the A4. Just stabbing it, stalling it a little, stalling it till the tires are about to break loose. It all gets me a 13.5-6 @ 102 with 2.1-.2.2's. I'm running the same 60's as I did on street tires but I'm not spinning one bit.

At first I thought eh I probably don't have enough power and am bogging with the Nittos. But I still ran a 2.0 60 13.3 @ 103 on the BFG's that one pass last year. The weather is almost identical in all cases and my friends are running even better times now than the days I was runnnig better.

What could it be? And yes, I do need a converter but I'd really like to get whatever it is resolved before I put one in.
Old 09-21-2003, 08:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Default Re: Considerable loss of E.T and MPH, what could be wrong?

what psi were you running in the BFG's when you had them? maybe lower the pressure in those nittos. I think this would be more appropriate in the Drag Racing froum
Old 09-21-2003, 10:41 AM
Launching!

I see nothing wrong with those times or mph. Your run in January is going to have more MPH becuase the air is denser. Your times look normal because you 60ft's are off by 1 to 2 tenths which can equal 2 to 4 tenths difference at the end of a 1/4 mile run.
Old 09-21-2003, 05:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Weather.
Old 09-21-2003, 07:49 PM
On The Tree

Everyone I know was running the same times or better as they were when I ran back in January. The weather was great Friday night here, high 40's. I had 25 psi in the Nittos and I did not spin one bit. Why I'm not running at least 2.0 60 fts is beyond me.

If this is better suited for the drag racing forum could a Mod move it for me? Sorry about that.
Old 09-21-2003, 08:41 PM
Launching!

BFG's and Nitto's are two completely different tires for one. They do not 60ft the same and the Nitto's actually drop MPH. So your not comparing the same data. Plus you also need to figure out the DA for the day you ran in January and compare it to the last run. Just because it is 40 degrees doesn't mean you had the same DA as in January. The DA can vary as much as 2000ft between those days.
Old 09-21-2003, 11:13 PM

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

It's also possible that for whatever reason your car is running off of the low octane table. I've seen this kill HP numbers and track times.

Search this Thread