Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which SLP exhaust do I have?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 06:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which SLP exhaust do I have?

When I bought the car the guy only told me it had a SLP exhaust. What I was wondering is which LM do I have or is there no way to tell the difference. All I can tell you is it has the shape of the bullet and it has the dual daul exhaust in the back? I was just curious. Also how easy is it to take out some of the resonators. Or would it be be better to just put on a E-Cutout? It has headers and an ORY.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure how to tell the new polished bullets from one another but when it first came out the resonator was all welded into the I pipe and was not a polished removable one. the new systems are interchangable and have clamps that hold the bullet in place instead of a weld (unless someone had the system welded up) Either way it it has a dull stainless bullet without slp logo stamped it is def a loudmouth 1. I wouldnt mess with it the E cutout will not be worth having with loudmouth. you would want a system that is much quieter and then have the cutout as an option.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the only sure-fire way would be to take the resonator out and look on the inside. lm1's are a mirror image of the outside... so there is absolutely nothing on the inside. lm2's have a perforated tube and some sort of packing behind it. for ***** and giggles you could kinda tap on it to see if it seems real hollow or not. the 2's definitly would seem more solid. as for taking them out... not easy unless you have a lift or the clamps were never put on super tight and crinkled the pipe. hoped i kinda helped lol