Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

weird coolant fan problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 08:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default weird coolant fan problem

so my car has been running hot for the last couple days so i have been checking the coolant levels blah blah blah all normal nothing leaking nothing blocking the radiators fans come on or so i though the one does and the one on the driver side some how came off lol i mean its still inside the shroud but the nut is gone and the fan is not on the stud anymore. so my question is has anyone ever taken the fans out i does it come off as one big piece or can i take off each individual fan? and is this going to be a pain in my *** lol **** i hate stupid **** problems like this
Old 12-12-2008, 10:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DCsLS1
so my car has been running hot for the last couple days so i have been checking the coolant levels blah blah blah all normal nothing leaking nothing blocking the radiators fans come on or so i though the one does and the one on the driver side some how came off lol i mean its still inside the shroud but the nut is gone and the fan is not on the stud anymore. so my question is has anyone ever taken the fans out i does it come off as one big piece or can i take off each individual fan? and is this going to be a pain in my *** lol **** i hate stupid **** problems like this
Take your air cleaner off and the plastic piece on top of the radiator and unplug the fans. The whole fan assembly will slide out of the top pretty easy. I saw a "how to" recently on here that said take it out the bottom but when I put my radiator in last summer I just pulled it out the top pretty easy. There are no bolts just one lower and upper mount on each side of the radiator the FA slips into. Just make sure you catch all four mounts when it goes back in in it is easy to miss the bottom ones
Old 12-13-2008, 06:20 AM
TECH Regular

thanks man
Old 12-13-2008, 07:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Once you get that out, there is 4 Bolts that hold the outer Fan Bracket to the big plastic piece, then you should be able to get to the actual Fan and put it back on the Motor.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:39 PM
TECH Regular

yea it wasnt bad and believe it or not the bolt was still in the shroud lmao!