Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do for my exhaust and emissions

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 08:50 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do for my exhaust and emissions

im sure some have you have seen my 408 build thread and im trying to figure out the best way to go for my exhaust setup. first i wanted to go with TD's but i really like the look of pipes coming out the back. But now im thinking maybe i could do pacesetter longtubes with ORY with cutouts built in and an LM1 catback.

Im building this car for some good track use and a badass street car. I need it to pass emissions but i dont want cats and i would like to remove whatever emissions equipment i dont need.

I live in IL so how are you guys getting away with passing emissions with no cats and no emissions? Im not entirely sure but i think they just do the OBDII testing with just plugging into the dash. I know you can get it tuned to pass OBDII but im worried about the guy thinking somethings up and checking other stuff.

Im also due for emissions testing as of a few months ago but it wouldnt have passed then so i didnt go and theres no engine in it right now either.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

if he is going to do a visual, it going to be obvious when you drive there and you car is loud as ****, that you at least have headers and aftermarket exhaust. I wouldn't get pacesetters, get tsp headers and their catted y-pipe. It is a really good price. I've installed a few sets of pacesetters, and I would never buy them, the quality is very poor. If you really want your car to be extremely loud, go with the LM1. But you can get a better tone from Hooker or Magnaflow. Just my $.02
Old 12-15-2008, 05:51 PM
TECH Regular

anyone from IL want to chime in? i dont want to go and spend money on exhaust then have to redo it cause it wont pass.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:46 PM
TECH Resident

Illinois has emissions testing?