Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing just a flowmaster muffler?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 10:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing just a flowmaster muffler?

I've got a guy I know that is looking just to install a flowmaster muffler in place of his stock muffler on his T/A and he is wondering what all is going to need to be done to have it all fit right? Is he going to need some sort of adapter to fit the 3" inlet and outlet of have an exhaust shop fab something up or what? And yes I know he should have gotten the whole catback, but he is just getting the muffler right now. Info any or links would help him out. Thanks guys.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:56 AM
TECH Regular

Depends on what muffler he bought. Is it the replacement style or something different like single 3" in and out? It is worth having an exhaust shop install it and it shouldnt cost that much. But he should have just bought a catback. He could have just slipped it together, clamped it and been done. (But not a flowmaster catback)
Old 01-03-2009, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HMERacing
Depends on what muffler he bought. Is it the replacement style or something different like single 3" in and out? It is worth having an exhaust shop install it and it shouldnt cost that much. But he should have just bought a catback. He could have just slipped it together, clamped it and been done. (But not a flowmaster catback)
Yeah I know I told him he should have just bought a catback, but oh well... I can find out for sure if its just a replacement style or a 3". He could have got a magnaflow one for only a couple hundred more.