Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy a shortblock or build mine??

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Buy a shortblock or build mine??

I'm trying to decide what would be best, I have a 6.0 iron block with L92's and a direct port L76 intake. Should I buy a 408 shortblock from a sponser or buy a rotating assembly and do it myself? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:41 PM
TECH Resident

there is a lot more work that goes into building a shortblock the right way than just putting it together. but to get the block honed and have all the clearences taken care of so that the motor doesnt go bad is what made me decide to have a shortblock built. that and i wasnt limited to typical off the shelf parts. it only costs a little bit more money to have one built after you take all the machine work that needs to be done. so for me...the short block was a better route

i ended up buying my 408 from chris at ccperformance. its built by erik koenig of HKE
Old 01-03-2009, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks alot, i figure its worth the money to save all the trouble of doin mine. At least i know it will be right!