Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What should I get?
Used GMMG Catback
34.78%
Hooker Coated LT's and TSP ORY
60.87%
Neither... save my money haha
4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

GMMG Catback or Hooker LT's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 03:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flaring Afro
why does it say "true duals" above it if you have a Y?

gmmg no question, as long as its decently less than new. the catback is very rare, and even more rare to be for sale. save you $$$ in the end and will still be louder than stock. plus i would think stock would be raspy with lts.
B/c in photobucket that is what i named that particular file. And i was dumping all my exhasut vids in there. I started off with an X, switched to an H then went back to a Y
Old 01-07-2009, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flaring Afro
why does it say "true duals" above it if you have a Y?

gmmg no question, as long as its decently less than new. the catback is very rare, and even more rare to be for sale. save you $$$ in the end and will still be louder than stock. plus i would think stock would be raspy with lts.
Although finding a used GMMG catback is rare I could always buy a new one... As far as it getting raspy, I think it would be raspier eventually but not so much with just the LT's and a SLP dual/dual muffler.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:06 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
B/c in photobucket that is what i named that particular file. And i was dumping all my exhasut vids in there. I started off with an X, switched to an H then went back to a Y
Hey TorchD...

I am just wondering, do you post your sound clip on every thread? I think I ran into them like 5 times today.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sicko
Hey TorchD...

I am just wondering, do you post your sound clip on every thread? I think I ran into them like 5 times today.
Ha he's got a good sounding car and wants everyone to hear it...

Btw, I'm not getting the GMMG. I now have to decide between headers or shocks/strings, I'm still leaning headers though. Always the battle of apperance vs. performance...
Old 01-12-2009, 10:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by greg_74
Ok I'm thinking of going with Hooker LT's + TSP ORY + Stock SLP dual/dual catback for now and then GMMG later on. My roommate has QTP LT's on his Z right now with a stock Z catback but he is wanting to do true duals or magnaflow catback.

Btw whats to gain from a Merge? And don't some Y's have them built in?

Roommate chiming in and headers all the way

Im pretty sure Im gonna go with the duals, I need a job though or a generous tax return....