Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is an X-Pipe an X-Pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 12:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is an X-Pipe an X-Pipe?

Im considering buying a X-Pipe, because I am tired of my Y-Pipe pieces always being loose and rattling, also I don't really have an exhaust setup I am happy with, anyway, I am wondering if a X-Pipe from Flowtech is the same or relatively the same as a X-Pipe from say TSP in quality/sound?

I plan on putting on some mufflers and turn downs and pretty much makin my own TD setup.

Also will a Flowtech or the Speed Inc. fit Pacesetter LTs? It says universal...

http://www.speedinc.com/cont.cfm?cid=C0000033
http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=196&catid=56
Old 01-23-2009, 01:04 PM
TECH Addict

the universal kit you posted is gonna take some fabrication to make it work, but if you have the tools and skills go for it. The TSP system is plug and play though just minor adjustments to get the most ground clearance. I hope to pick up the TSP duals with sweet thunders this Spring.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jrob56
the universal kit you posted is gonna take some fabrication to make it work, but if you have the tools and skills go for it. The TSP system is plug and play though just minor adjustments to get the most ground clearance. I hope to pick up the TSP duals with sweet thunders this Spring.
thanks, yeah it looks like some welding and stuff and usually 'universal' means 'it kinda fits... ish'

anyone ever installed one of these universal ones?