Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLEASE HELP!! mail order tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 10:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP!! mail order tune

Hey guys.

Also posted in the internal engine tech, but I dont think that was the proper place.

I plan on buying the following.

Pacesetter LT
TSP true dual kit
yank ss3600 converter
3.73 gears

I will obviously need to tune for the rearend and trans modifiations. I was told I could do a mail order tune from lsxtune.com. Will this be sufficient?

Also, I will not necessarily need a tune for the exhaust right? Or should I just pick up a hypertech for cheap? I can get one for around $100 right now. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why dont you contact them and other mail order tuners and ask them questions to see what they recomend. Steve at LSXtune is real eassy to talk to.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why don't you not order a tune from the mail, take it to a reputable tuner in your area and have them do it. Better results and safer tune if they know wtf they're doing IMO.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the end its up to you, most places like lsxtune dont just do mail orders, they actually have huge shops that dyno/road tune and have done a crap load of them. After doing so many they get a feel for what needs to be changed with what add ons. im pretty sure if they cant get you spot on , itll be close. But like I said its your dime.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:04 PM
On The Tree

i tryed a mail order tuned lost me 3mph and 3 Tenths on my quarter mile, And i lost this from my best time on a 80* day and lost all that when i ran on a 46* day when everybody was making there best and o ya I HAD DRAG RADIALS THE SECOND TIME.....

I just got a dyno tune for 150 but it was a new years special..... Get a dyno tune i tryed the mail order tune and failed HORRIBLY..
Old 02-04-2009, 07:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

go get a real dyno tune. every car is individual, so its hard to have onr tune for every car. Plus if you plan on adding more mods later, most shops will give a discount ot return customers.

if you still want to get a mail-order tune thats cool, but dont do hypertech. the hundred dollars? you're better off wiping with it. it may gain something, but once you start putting more stuff on the car, youll kick yourself for wasting your money