Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Exhaust Install, LOTS of pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 12:25 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default My Exhaust Install, LOTS of pics

**videos in my other post a little farther down

**Okay, before I get started my headers and exhaust will all be arriving Tuesday, and I will be installing it all on Wednesday, you will get updated pics after that, for now its !AIR, !EGR, !OLDEXHAUST.

Just a few pics of the car on the lift with my brothers Victory Red '69 camaro (almost finished)

Alright, first I removed the CB, which was a somewhat poor design (bought the car like this). It was one dynomax bullet(i think) with a second pipe connected to it and run out the back. then i removed the y pipe (dont have any pics of that being removed.

then the cats

then !air
removing air dam

before

after

then !egr, after shots (dont have many pics of removal, was so occupied i forgot to take pictures, it was really self explanatory, just start unbolting ****. lol)

Painted the rear cover when i was down there. lol.
before

after

whole exhaust removed

this was all done from 830am to 2pm, now all i have to do is wait for my stuff and start installing

only one question. on the back of the ls1 intake i hear there is something to do with egr, if i have to remove the intake to block something off tell me now so i can just buy an ls6 intake. if im going to go through the trouble of removing that intake i may as well put a better one on.

by far the most painful modding of my life as my dad accidentaly lowered the lift down on my toes when i was removing the egr, 2 tons is a lot of weight, im surprised i didnt break anything, if my feet were 1" more under there both my feet would have been broken(needless to say i wont be walking normal for a while). be safe with lifts lol

thanks for reading

Last edited by twitchtwice; 02-26-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:35 AM
11 Second Club

There's isn't anything on the back of the intake pertaining the EGR. Just up front on top of the intake where you have to put in an expandable freeze plug to seal off the hole where the tube from the EGR went.

Wonder what the previous owner was smoking to come up with that catback configuration lol.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:44 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good. Im glad someone else loves Vans as well !
Old 02-08-2009, 12:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats a sweet catback you had there!!! LOL
Old 02-08-2009, 01:01 AM
12 Second Club

EDIT: all the other pictures from the end of the install

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...lots-pics.html

reference this thread for the beginning of the install. unfortunately i dont know what happened to all of the pics of during the install, there was probably about 30 of them, which really sucks. im going to try my 1337 skills to get them off the memory card, hope it works

basically what i did was installed the lpp headers, which by the way took about 2 hours for one person to do (dad did it for me before i got home from work, had no idea) then had to fab up the dual kit (pypes xpipe) and just weld her up and fit her in.

it was about a 3 day job, i took my time, made sure i could get things fit up nice. had to fix a few leaks, still ahve a tiny leak on the driver side collector but its an easy fix. video isnt the best, cant really hear it, ill get a better one up soon though dont worry.

this is all i could get for now, its an idle clip, my dad got pissed at me for doing it because he said "i want to keep my neighbors go somewhere else" so ill have to take it for a drive and have a buddy shoot the video for me somewhere.

sweet thunder muffler

pypes xpipe and my dumbass dog

first time i ever welded anything, just a pic of it after welding, about to grind it all down(all the ugly welds are my dads lol)

me and my dad decided to relocate the brake/fuel lines for clearance with the tds

everything installed(not using those clamps on the collectors that was just a test fit before finishing)

clearance with headers/tds

and some pics of my brothers 69 since we were moving things around. he expects it to be ready around april of this year.

edit: here is video, the end will make you laugh at me lol. more videos to come.

idle

revving

Last edited by twitchtwice; 02-26-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:15 AM
11 Second Club

there is a line on the back of the intake. but it is AIR related and needs to be blocked off when removing the air. only thing needing to be done for the egr is getting a block off plate for the passenger header or using race headers
Old 02-08-2009, 01:18 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jsteele90
there is a line on the back of the intake. but it is AIR related and needs to be blocked off when removing the air. only thing needing to be done for the egr is getting a block off plate for the passenger header or using race headers

okay so its air, does the intake need to be removed in order to accomplish this?
Old 02-08-2009, 01:37 AM
11 Second Club

absolutely not
Old 02-08-2009, 03:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

badass kicks!
Old 02-08-2009, 09:44 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jsteele90
absolutely not
good to hear, now im going to research it up and figure out how to accomplish this.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:00 PM
12 Second Club

found the tube, blocked it off. just awaiting parts for tomorrow.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:10 PM
TECH Regular

What exhaust is being installed?
Old 02-09-2009, 12:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by aetos
what exhaust is being installed?
+1 ^^^^^^^^^
Old 02-09-2009, 12:26 PM
12 Second Club

pypes x pipe. its a universal they make. it was half of the tsp true dual for the same thing.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

pypes is a good x pipe. Should have gotten a Dr. Gas though ... what bullets are you going to use? Also what LTs. Looking good man.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:52 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
pypes is a good x pipe. Should have gotten a Dr. Gas though ... what bullets are you going to use? Also what LTs. Looking good man.
i decided to go with sweet thunder. i really like the metallic chambered sound, plus both were 110 shipped. and i went with the LPP stainless headers
Old 02-09-2009, 01:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by twitchtwice
i decided to go with sweet thunder. i really like the metallic chambered sound, plus both were 110 shipped. and i went with the LPP stainless headers
nice. going to sound sweet
Old 02-09-2009, 01:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by twitchtwice
Sweet, can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm thinking of doing a similar setup on my car. LT, TSP X with sweet thunders.

Would the TSP bolt onto the LPP headers with no need to take the car to an exhaust shop(which I will still end up doing to get the exhaust extended to the rear)?
Old 02-09-2009, 01:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Aetos
Sweet, can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm thinking of doing a similar setup on my car. LT, TSP X with sweet thunders.

Would the TSP bolt onto the LPP headers with no need to take the car to an exhaust shop(which I will still end up doing to get the exhaust extended to the rear)?
unfortunately nothing will ever fit like a glove. there will be some modifications you will have to do and if you dont have welder then you will probably have to take it to a shop and have them fab up some bends or whatever is necessary.

i have a welder, lift, and a dad and brother that can help hold things and weld with me. so custom work isnt an issue.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates?