Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

breathers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 12:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default breathers?

I've been looking at redoing my stock pvc system, but I've only seen two different breathers for your cars. The rev xtreme breather that is 30 which isn't a bad price but 15 for shipping would make that breather 45 and then the metco breather from thunder racing that is 60 plus shipping, but really are these breathers really worth that kind of money? I was wondering if people have used any others and how much they are...
Old 02-08-2009, 11:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Emoney97ss
I've been looking at redoing my stock pvc system, but I've only seen two different breathers for your cars. The rev xtreme breather that is 30 which isn't a bad price but 15 for shipping would make that breather 45 and then the metco breather from thunder racing that is 60 plus shipping, but really are these breathers really worth that kind of money? I was wondering if people have used any others and how much they are...
I bought a K&N from O'Reilly's parts store for $18,then trimed the bottom of the rubber base enough for it to push into the snout of the oil filler neck and clamped it down for a sure fit. Alot cheaper than the ones sold online.

I have a picture on my webpage if you want to see what im talking about.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you happen to know the size you used?
Old 02-09-2009, 04:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it was a 1 1/2 inch push in style breather.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetStalkerZ
I bought a K&N from O'Reilly's parts store for $18,then trimed the bottom of the rubber base enough for it to push into the snout of the oil filler neck and clamped it down for a sure fit. Alot cheaper than the ones sold online.

I have a picture on my webpage if you want to see what im talking about.
This will accomplish the same thing. Just make sure the fit is good so no unfiltered air enters the crankcase.