Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sweet Thunders vs. Powersticks? sound wise...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 03:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Sweet Thunders vs. Powersticks? sound wise...

Not enough people running TD setups with the LT1's and I know you LSx guys are running them all over so I feel you will have better opinions....I currently have a dumped X-Pipe w/ Bullets and it sounds sick at idle and like Nascar at WOT but not clean enough as I would prefer during part throttle. I'd hate to hack my X-Pipe up if I wont be making the right choice.

I want something thats just as or almost as loud but with a cleaner tone overall. After listening to lots of clips the Powersticks and Sweet Thunders seem to be my favorite so I want to go with one of them. I could care less about the ST's being more restrictive or anything like that I'm just in it for the sound. Curious for those who have ran or heard either or hopefully both and if you have anything to say about the sound of the Sweet Thunders vs. the Powersticks? I use to have GMMG so if either will sound remotely like that I would be very pleased. Thanks!
Old 02-09-2009, 09:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im runnin tsp duals with powersticks...my car is ungodly loud but i like it..i was runnin magnaflow race mufflers but i kept draggin them on everything (dropped on hotchkiss)
Old 02-09-2009, 10:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have sweet thunder xpipe installing starting tomorrow. ill get some sound clips by wednesday on here

o just realized you mentioned lt1
Old 02-09-2009, 10:41 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my 2002 Z28 I first thad LT's, 2.5" duals w/ x-pipe and Flowmaster Super 40's (SOUNDED AWESOME DRAGGED EVERY WHERE) and then dumped bullets. I ended up switching to sweet thunders but still wasnt happy. So I ended up running a new system LT's, 2.5" duals w/ H-pipe into the Super 40's (This sounded best but couldnt stand dragging them every where) So the sweet thunders went back on with turn downs welded facing towards the sides of the car right by the rear end. This set-up I ran untill I sold the car and I loved it.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I like how the Sweet Thunders sound