Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric cutout blowing open at WOT???

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 01:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 288 Likes on 190 Posts

Talking

Originally Posted by 99Hawk262
We have very similar setups and my best short time is 1.58...I'm not lifting any tires though....yet! Not sure on the race weight, but I'm stock Bilstein suspension all around, factory wheels on front and 16" TA wheels on back with Hoosiers. I really need some drag wheels . Glad you got the cutout fixed...there's nothing like a lopey cam with an open cutout !
I agree. Even my 226/226 cam sounds like a Pro Stocker idling with open cutout.

I hear ya on the factory wheels though. I'll soon be in the same boat. I got rid of my Pro Stars and will be running my TT2's with 315/35/17 drag radials and Strano springs. ...Mine just couldn't quite break contact with the asphalt with stock SS wheels on. I'd imagine it'll be having problems again real soon, although the pic below was before the cam swap, but after the converter.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:14 PM
dug
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

definitly sounds way meaner through the open cutout. No difference in ET?
Old 02-18-2009, 02:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by dug
No difference in ET?
Zero.

MPH and ET were virtually the same. My car is very consistent and always has been.

MPH variation for the course of about a 6 hour track rental (23 passes) was just .77 mph, and ET variation for the same time frame/same day was a mere .06 seconds.

The only time it varied up or down out of that range was when I tried tune changes, and one aborted run due to severe wheelspin at launch.

But it does sound good opened up.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice numbers for sure. i have nearly the same exhaust system, only mine has a catted 3" Y. i have an ORY for it, i just have yet to have time to put it on. Manual cutout for me though. for now. I guess we'll see how rowdy she is after i put the cam in..... For now though, it's quite the sleeper
Old 02-18-2009, 09:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rel3rd
I agree. Even my 226/226 cam sounds like a Pro Stocker idling with open cutout.

I hear ya on the factory wheels though. I'll soon be in the same boat. I got rid of my Pro Stars and will be running my TT2's with 315/35/17 drag radials and Strano springs. ...Mine just couldn't quite break contact with the asphalt with stock SS wheels on. I'd imagine it'll be having problems again real soon, although the pic below was before the cam swap, but after the converter.

I'd love to have some Pro Stars, or Billet Specialties Street Lites. But that's probably a couple years away. I'm saving for a Midwest Chassis Fabbed 9", so that will be the next big mod. Very nice pic though....I need to try to get one like that this year.....although I doubt my car pulls up that hard.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99Hawk262
I need to try to get one like that this year.....although I doubt my car pulls up that hard.
Don't worry about a pic like that...get one like this, one of my favorites.

Both were with factory front swaybar on.

Some critique it because it's definitely twisting on launch (and it's wasting ET, and blah, blah, blah, lol), but it's not a race car (by far), it's a heavy cruiser that happens to run decently and pulls a wheel on launch.