Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally started my headers!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 12:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally started my headers!

So i finally started my header install, they are ebay headers but look great imo and seem very durable. Anyways My parents have one of those flush cellars in their garage so i parked my car on that and got under it. Works great. So far i have deleted the egr and air. Actually while putting the freeze plug in it fell in the intake manifold, but I got it out. LOL when i ziptied off the wires that were going into air pump I didnt tape them up to protect from rain or whatever, is that okay? So right now it is sitting in the garage with the exhaust finally unbolted and all the wires pulled out, Friday night i hope to change all the plugs and wires and install the headers!

LOL that all sounded jumbled up, but you get the idea. O and I think it is going to be impossible to unbolt the manifold and change the plugs lol.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:36 PM
11 Second Club

I just installed mine this past weekend, the passenger side slid right in with no problems, the drivers side required a little modification but nothing too serious. You will most likely need to grind a little bit on the k-member on the drivers side, I had to gring a small section of the lip all the way down. I also had to grind a little on the tab on the side of the block to get it slid up in place. My collector on the drivers side was pointed up a little too much, so we notched it pulled it down and rewelded it. Beyond that, it was a pretty simple installation. Good luck and keep us updated on how it went.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I will, does everyone with these headers have to cut and reweld the driver side collector? i havent got that far but am curious before I do. Thanks!