Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

magnaflow muffler ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 09:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default magnaflow muffler ??

okay guys I have an 02 SS with the CME exhaust I have been told it is some type of SLP cat back if this is the case can I just switch out my stock muffler and add one from magnaflow?? Is magnaflow a good muffler?? I just want a nice low rumble and a nice sound at WOT absolutely now highway drone.
Anyways thanks for the help
Old 02-25-2009, 10:02 PM
12 Second Club

I've just switched from flowmaster to magnaflow and it sounds deeper. When idling my car has that low rumble sound. At wot it screams....you can tell I have lt's with no cats then. It has the deep sound that I like and also hardly noticable on highway. My car is a A4 with no overdrive and when doing 55 I don't have to turn the radio up louder to hear it. Hope that helped.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gbal4
nice low rumble and a nice sound at WOT absolutely no highway drone.
Short answer: Yes a Magnaflow catback will do all of those things. It might be hard to line it up with the CME though.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:15 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99bowtieZ
Short answer: Yes a Magnaflow catback will do all of those things. It might be hard to line it up with the CME though.
well darn what would be a good muffler to have with the CME I want a nice rumble no (highway drone) and a good scream at WOT.

thanks for the help
Old 02-26-2009, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gbal4
well darn what would be a good muffler to have with the CME I want a nice rumble no (highway drone) and a good scream at WOT.

thanks for the help
I just said it could be hard, I don't know. If I can look at a picture of CME I can tell you, I have had the Magnaflow catback. The other thing is your going to want to make sure you only buy a muffler because you don't need the tips, and most catbacks are going to come with tips.