Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LPP Header/Y Review

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 02:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up LPP Header/Y Review

Overall I'm very happy with the quality of LPP's headers and Y pipe. Previously I had pacesetter LT/Y. I ordered them on Monday and had them here Friday morning. They both slid right up, even easier than my previous pacesetters. They both fit perfect and I had no problems with the headers. The only aspect that I can think of that is nicer about the pacesetter's is on them you can get the last spark plug from underneath, whereas you cannot on lpp's.

The Y pipe slipped right on, unlike the pacesetter's which require lots on banging. It doesn't hit anymore even without the bracket bolted in on the drivers side. I don't know why they have rear o2 holes, which I will plug but for now I have my rear o2's in. The only real downside was the Y pipe not fitting on my magnaflow catback. For some reason the I pipe would just not go on. Eventually I had to cut the magnaflows I pipe and open it up, and now it looks like ****. But it worked and has no leaks so far.

Also I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a ss header. I couldn't tell any performance difference from the pacesetter's but didn't really expect any. I did it for the ss and no more y pipe bang.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good review! I hope to put mine on later this month. The rear O2 bungs are for a wideband for tuning.

Quick Reply: LPP Header/Y Review