Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 Z06 mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009 | 06:16 PM
TECH Regular

Default 04 Z06 mods

So I have a friend that just bought an 04 Z06 and he wants to do a few mods and try to get a little more out of it. Ive been a little out of the loop for a few years so Im trying to find out whats out there. He is thinking maybe a cat back, a good inlet/intake set-up, and a tuner.
If I remember right the Magna-flow cat-back for the C5s didnt sound too bad and I was thinking about a Predator just because he isnt really going to want to do too much to the car. As far as intake/air filter set-up maybe just do a K&N I dont know. Anyway, any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-07-2009 | 07:57 PM
TECH Junkie

pretty sure the titanium exhaust on the zo6 is pretty damn good.

best thing would be LT headers.

not sure how the intake (air box if you will) is on the zo6 setups, but you might gain some by going aftermarket.

and then a tune.

beyond that....cam
Old 03-08-2009 | 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

The Ti mufflers are very good so if you spend the $600 on new exhaust you're not going to gain much more than looks and sound. As for intake there's definitely some to be gained there. The vararam is a very popular cold air intake and shows good gains. As mentioned I would go with some LT's as well. Several cars with just intake, LT's, and tune turn around 380RWHP.
Old 03-08-2009 | 11:52 PM
TECH Regular

Okay so leave the exhaust alone and do a set of long tubes, cold air, and a tune? As far as a tune goes is the predator still a good way to go or is there a better off the shelf tuner out there? And as far as long tubes go is there a more popular brand than the others?
And thanks for the help.