Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP TDs or 4 inch dumped?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TSP TDs or 4 inch dumped?

I bought some used QTPs, and they cam with a homemade y pipe that is kind of funky looking. I could modify it with a flowmaster merge and run 4 inch and dump it behind the axle with some sort of muffler. Will 4 inch fit over the axle. Or just get the TSP TDs? I think they will cost about the same, and they will flow pretty close to the same. My car currently has some kind of catback minus the muffler(thanks to the previous owner). Decisions, decisions... anybody got any advantages of one over the other.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got a car with TD dumped and one with a 4 inch. The 4 inch is a tight fit. Both will work.

I guess if it same price I would get TD's
Old 03-12-2009, 05:54 PM
TECH Addict

Im voting for true duals!
Old 03-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Staging Lane

I'm kinda leaning that way too. Only reason I wanted the 4 cuz it would be easier to dump it on the other side of the axle. But I like the way the true duals sound better. I think I'm gonna install the headers with the y I have and tie it in and save my money for the tsp, unfortunately I'm in Texas and have to pay shipping and tax, dang.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:49 AM
Staging Lane

Well I'm in the process of installing my headers, and I was looking at my Y pipe trying to figure out why it looks like it does. Apparently it use to be an x pipe and they cut one side of the x off. Well that's good and bad, wish it was still there, but I can get another x and put it back like it was.
Old 03-14-2009, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

a friend of mine just put a mufflex 3.5" setup on his car and it was very tight. my vote is for the TSP true duals with sweet thunders. this is a video of another friend's car with kooks/tsp duals w/sweet thunders.

http://www.camsurge.com/videos/viewvideo.php?id=19